Hi Creative friends,
As October rolls around and many are enjoying the gradual changing of the seasons, I’m featuring three softer and muted toned cards this month, in our year long project – A Year of Vintage Postcards.
All of the postcards are free to download and will make a lovely addition to any vintage postcard collection.
These century old images have been digitally repaired, but still retain some of their imperfections and vintage charm.
A Year of Vintage Postcards
If you are new to this year long project, we are creating a collection of vintage postcards.
Every month I will be providing two vintage postcard printables to add to your collection.
Each postcard measures 9 cm x 14 cm (3.5” x 5.5”) and has both a front and back image.
I’m using the vintage postcards to make a journal with a difference…. it’s a flip book filled with these gorgeous vintage postcards. The back of the postcards have a blank space that can be used to document events, information or simply to diarize your journey each month.
The October Vintage Postcards
This month I’ve featured postcards with a beautiful romantic feel in a soft mauve and blue colour palette.
The first card of a young woman was painted by artists Helena Horwitz in 1917.
The second postcard was typical of the time that often featured floral baskets. This one is from a set of 12, called Floral Offerings and was released in 1908.
I’ve included a bonus card as a journal card.
Painted by an unknown artist, this card is smaller than a standard postcard and was most probably used as a gift or calling card.
How to construct the postcards:
1. Print the October PDF – 2 pages (see below).
2. Cut the postcards out as one complete card (front and back) and score down the centre where the front and back of the postcards meet.
3. Fold in half along the score line and use glue to adhere the front and back of the postcard together.
Download the October Postcards
Click HERE to download the A4 sized PDF.
Click HERE to download the Letter size PDF (USA).
Download all of the postcards from January through to September
If you are joining in now or maybe missed a month, here are the previous free downloads:
- You can find out all about my flip journal and how I’m using it at A year of Vintage Postcards – January.
- February’s postcards celebrate the season of love – download the February postcards HERE.
- March had a nod to St Patrick’s Day and a beautiful child postcard – download the March postcards HERE.
- April celebrated a vintage Easter – download the April postcards HERE.
- May has beautiful postcards depicting mothers and children – download the May postcards HERE.
- June will cheer you with it’s endless forget me nots – download the June postcards HERE.
- July celebrated the Art Nouveau style – download the July postcards HERE.
- August was filled with French fairies – download the August postcards HERE.
- September featured Driessen’s advertising postcards and a beautiful butterfly – download the September postcards HERE.
PIN for later!
Happy crafting my friends!
Let’s be friends on….
Get instant access to the free printables in my Newsletter Printables
Library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out a weekly newsletters with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.
I invite you to join our fabulous and friendly
Facebook group – Simply Shabbilicious
where you’ll enjoy our friendly banter and inspirational creativity.