Hello creative friends,
I’ve already had a few emails this week, asking when the next instalment of the A Year of Vintage Postcards will be coming out.
So, to please the many crafters collecting them, I’m getting them out early for August.
If you are new here or haven’t joined in on this year long project yet, you can visit the January post to find out all of the details.
For August I decided on two beautiful French fairy postcards that were first published in 1901.
Although I don’t know who the artist was, both postcards were painted by the same artist and are part of a 4 piece set.
I also love that the back of the postcard is also in French.
The August Vintage Postcards
If you are new to this year long project, we are creating a collection of vintage postcards.
Every month I will be providing two vintage postcard printables to add to your collection.
Each postcard measures 9 cm x 14 cm (3.5” x 5.5”) and has both a front and back image.
To construct the postcards:
1. Print the August PDF – 2 pages (see below).
2. Cut the postcards out as one complete card (front and back) and score down the centre where the front and back of the postcards meet.
3. Fold in half along the score line and use glue to adhere the front and back of the postcard together.
4. If desired, ink the edges for a vintage look and I also added a dusting of opal dust glitter over the wings and scarves of the fairies.
Download the Postcards
Click HERE to download the A4 sized PDF.
Click HERE to download the Letter size PDF (USA).
Download January through to July
If you are joining in now or maybe missed a month, here are the previous free downloads:
- You can find out all about my flip journal and how I’m using it at A year of Vintage Postcards – January.
- February’s postcards celebrate the season of love – download the February postcards HERE.
- March had a nod to St Patrick’s Day and a beautiful child postcard – download the March postcards HERE.
- April celebrated a vintage Easter – download the April postcards HERE.
- May has beautiful postcards depicting mothers and children – download the May postcards HERE.
- June will cheer you with it’s endless forget me nots – download the June postcards HERE.
- July celebrated the Art Nouveau style – download the July postcards HERE.
Thank you for PINNING this project!
Happy crafting my friends!
I’d love for you to connect with me at:
Get instant access to the free printables in our Member’s Only
library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out a weekly newsletters with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.
I invite you to join our fabulous and friendly
Facebook group – Simply Shabbilicious
where you’ll enjoy our friendly banter and inspirational creativity.