Hello creative friends,
Here we are at September already..… can you believe it?
We are three quarters the way through the year and up to our ninth set of vintage postcards for our ‘A Year of Vintage Postcards’ project.
A Year of Vintage Postcards
If you are new to this year long project, we are creating a collection of vintage postcards.
Every month I will be providing two vintage postcard printables to add to your collection.
Each postcard measures 9 cm x 14 cm (3.5” x 5.5”) and has both a front and back image.
I’m using the vintage postcards to make a journal with a difference…. it’s a flip book filled with these gorgeous vintage postcards. The back of the postcards have a blank space that can be used to document events, information or simply to diarize your journey each month.
The September Vintage Postcards
This month I’m featuring a Driessen’s trade card from the Dutch chocolate companies early advertising in the mid 1800’s and a postcard that I have designed using several vintage cards combined.
I love this vintage blue butterfly illustration and thought it worked in perfectly with the pretty blue cards this month.
To construct the postcards:
1. Print the September PDF – 2 pages (see below).
2. Cut the postcards out as one complete card (front and back) and score down the centre where the front and back of the postcards meet.
3. Fold in half along the score line and use glue to adhere the front and back of the postcard together.
4. If desired, ink the edges for a vintage look and I also added a dusting of opal dust glitter over the wings and scarves of the fairies.
Download the September Postcards
Click HERE to download the A4 sized PDF.
Click HERE to download the Letter size PDF (USA).
Download the postcards for January through to August
If you are joining in now or maybe missed a month, here are the previous free downloads:
- You can find out all about my flip journal and how I’m using it at A year of Vintage Postcards – January.
- February’s postcards celebrate the season of love – download the February postcards HERE.
- March had a nod to St Patrick’s Day and a beautiful child postcard – download the March postcards HERE.
- April celebrated a vintage Easter – download the April postcards HERE.
- May has beautiful postcards depicting mothers and children – download the May postcards HERE.
- June will cheer you with it’s endless forget me nots – download the June postcards HERE.
- July celebrated the Art Nouveau style – download the July postcards HERE.
- August was filled with French fairies – download the August postcards HERE.
PIN for later!
Happy crafting my friends!
Let’s be friends on….
Get instant access to the free printables in my Newsletter Printables
Library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out a weekly newsletters with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.
I invite you to join our fabulous and friendly
Facebook group – Simply Shabbilicious
where you’ll enjoy our friendly banter and inspirational creativity.