This week I’m sharing ways that I used the June monthly kit from the Handmade Club, but today’s project could certainly be used with any paper you have handy.
Everyone has their quick go-to paper craft projects like journals, cards and tags etc, but I wanted to encourage you to think outside the box this month.
Let me show you how to take your gift wrapping from ordinary to extraordinary with this pretty vintage rose, punched paper garland.
This project is super simple, yet can be used in a multitude of ways… plus it can be made from your small paper scraps left over from the bigger projects.
How to make a punched paper garland
- I used the papers from this months kit from the Handmade Club – Miss Mary’s Vintage Rose collection
- The vintage rose graphic is from the kit also
- Paper punches – I used a 1” circle punch and a flower punch
- A sewing machine.
This project is so quick and easy…. so perfect for last-minute gift wrapping!!
1. Use the small circle punch to cut out a variety or circles (I used 5 different papers).
I used the flower punch to cut flowers from vintage book paper and used 2 flowers on top of each other for a layered effect.
2. Print the rose designs (from the June kit) and cut out with sharp pointy scissors.
3. Set up your sewing machine with a long, straight stitch. You can either feed the circles through the machine close together or as I chose to do, allow a few stitches between them. I chose the latter because I knew I was going to use the garland for gift wrapping and a gap between the circles would allow for turning corners on boxes. Keep feeding your punched paper circles, roses and book paper flowers through the needle on your sewing machine until you achieve your desired length of garland.
There you go… it’s that easy!!
In a matter of minutes, you have a beautiful garland that will take a simple gift box from ordinary to extraordinary.
To complete my vintage themed gift box, I also covered my box and lid with vintage themed ledger paper from the kit and used the matching vintage rose tag.
This punched paper vintage rose garland was made using the papers and roses from ‘Miss Mary’s Vintage Rose Collection’, which is the June kit for the Handmade Club.
This kit is exclusive to the club and available until 14th July, 2019.
If you’ve made a project using Miss Mary’s Vintage Rose Collection,
please feel free to share it in our Simply Shabbilicious Facebook group.
Happy crafting my friends!!
I’d love for you to connect with me at:
Get instant access to the free printables in our Member’s Only
library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out two newsletters a month with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.