Hi creative friends,
While hearts may be our go-to for Valentines, I actually like them because they can be used any time of the year.
Pop them into your decorating, a card or a journal… they really are so versatile.
As we head into the season of love and Valentines, I decided to create a heart project this week that could do double duty as a Valentine or journal pocket.
This little cutie is 5 inches high (13 cm) and I’ve created is as a multi dimensional pocket, but you could certainly keep it flat for inside a journal.
How to Download Printable
It’s a free printable that you’ll find ready to download in the Newsletter Subscribers Printable Library – the password to this page is on the bottom of your latest newsletter.
Not yet a member?
No problem, simply sign up for the Shabby Art Boutique newsletter and get instant access to all of the free printables in the library.
How to make the Heart Pocket
- Printable sheet (see above)
- Normal paper crafting supplies – sharp scissors and craft knives.
- White and clear craft glue – or a glue gun.
- Lace, ribbon, foam tape and embellishments (optional).
- Print the free printable sheet on matte photo card (I used 250 gsm), using your best print setting on your printer.
2. Cut out the elements from the printed sheet. I chose to ink the edges of my two heart pieces before I sewed the pocket to the heart base. If you don’t sew, you could attach the pocket to the heart with glue instead.
3. I added a piece of lace to the top of the pocket.
4. Attach the fussy cut flower cluster over the top of the lace.
5. For more dimension, use foam tape to add the extra flowers and leaves.
6. I added in some extras like sequins, tiny pearl beads and liquid pearl dots… this just adds some more textures, but is completely optional.
Your pocket is now ready to add a note or tag.
It can be adhered to a page in a journal or add a couple of eyelet holes to the top of the heart and add a ribbon hanger to make a tag.
Isn’t that the sweetest!!
This would be pretty tied to a friends gift at anytime of the year ♥
This project can be completed in less that a half hour, so it’s a good one to print off and have ready to assemble when you need a tag in a hurry.
Let’s be friends on….
Get instant access to the free printables in my Newsletter Printables
Library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out a weekly newsletters with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.
I invite you to join our fabulous and friendly
Facebook group – Simply Shabbilicious
where you’ll enjoy our friendly banter and inspirational creativity