Hi creative friends,
Do you like to make handmade gifts for Christmas?
Maybe it’s a token gift for co-workers, friends or neighbours…. just a small gift to celebrate the season, but nothing over the top.
That’s where handmade gifts come into their own… there’s not a set price attached and for the right person who appreciates your time and effort, it will be a very individual and personal gift.
Today I am sharing with you a quick and easy handmade gift project…. and you know they are my favourite kind!
Victorian Lavender Shoe
- Free pattern download
- Small piece of fabric for shoe – I chose to use a piece of linen
- Dried lavender
- Pearl beads for top of shoe (optional)
- Decorative embellishments – this could be lace, ribbon peals, rhinestone buttons, tulle, flowers etc.
- Sewing machine and normal sewing supplies.
- Download the pattern sheet – Click here for A4 size. Click here for Letter (US) size.
- Make a pattern template of the shoe and trace the pattern onto your fabric. The 1/4″ seam allowance is included in the pattern.
- Sew around the show, using a small stitch and leaving the top of the shoe open for stuffing.
4. Clip the seams around the shoe and turn out. I used a chopstick to push the toe and heel into shape.
5. Stuff the show with lavender…. this step is easier if you use a funnel or make one out of paper. Be sure to stuff quite firmly and then slip stitch the opening closed.
6. Now for the fun part…. to decorate your shoe.
I sewed a row of pearls down the front of the shoe to look like Victorian buttons. Then I gathered a length of lace and sewed it onto the top of the shoe. While I chose to hand sew all of my elements on, some people may prefer to use a hot glue gun.
Next add other pretty embellishments; I used a chiffon box, a satin bow, a looped length of pearl wire, a lace medallion and a rhinestone button.
Isn’t that pretty!!
Who wouldn’t love to put a Victorian lavender shoe in their lingerie drawer?
It took me about a half hour to create one, but you could definitely shorten that time if making several at once.
Let’s be friends on….
Get instant access to the free printables in my Newsletter Printables
Library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out a weekly newsletters with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.
I invite you to join our fabulous and friendly
Facebook group – Simply Shabbilicious
where you’ll enjoy our friendly banter and inspirational creativity