Hi there creative friends,
We are just a week out from celebrating Valentine’s Day…. and it doesn’t matter if you go big with the romance, candy and flowers or play it a little more low key, I’m sure you can find use for a sweet little retro Valentine box!
It’s the perfect last minute Valentine project, taking just 10 minutes to print and make.
And it’s a free printable too!
Pin for later
How to make the Retro Valentine Box
1. Download the file (see below) and print the file onto 250 gram matte photo paper (photo paper cardstock weight).
2. Using a sharp craft knife and a metal ruler, cut out the design.
3. Score the dotted lines with a scoring tool or bone folder by placing your metal ruler where you want your fold to be, and run the bone folder along this straight edge to make a clean score line, then fold.
4. Using white glue or a glue stick, apply glue to the side tab to close the box.
Next, apply glue to the tabs at the bottom of the box and fold in to close the bottom of the box.
5. Fold your creases at the top of the box to form the carton top.
I used a simple red paper clip to secure the top of my boxes, but you could also punch holes for ribbon or twine.
It’s such a simple and quick project, but looks so cute,
Wouldn’t these sweet boxes look perfect as place setting in a Valentine tablescape….
Or maybe leave small token gifts of chocolates and candy on the doorstep of friends and neighbours on Valentine’s Day ♥
How to Download
The free PDF printable for the retro Valentine milk carton box is ready to download in the Newsletter Subscribers Printable Library – the password to this page is on the bottom of your latest newsletter.
Not yet a member?
No problem, simply sign up for the Shabby Art Boutique newsletter with an email address and get instant access to all of the free printables in the library.
Please note: you must add my email address to your email contacts list to prevent the newsletter going to your spam folder – kerryanne @ shabbyartboutique (dot) com
Note: This printable is for personal use only and not to be sold as either a digital or finished item.
Click here —> for my full copyright and policy disclosure.
Happy crafting my friends!
Let’s be friends on….
Get instant access to the free printables in my Newsletter Printables
Library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out a weekly newsletters with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.
I invite you to join our fabulous and friendly
Facebook group – Simply Shabbilicious
where you’ll enjoy our friendly banter and inspirational creativity.