Hello creative friends,
A few year ago I shared a quick and easy DIY mini calendar project… and since that time it’s become a much requested printable at this time of the year.
Printable mini calendars make an ideal token gift; simply pop into a card or add to a small gift box.
They are even small enough to fit into your handbag or put a magnet on the back and hang on the fridge or your desktop.
This year, I have included both an aqua and pink backing boards, as well as a bonus printable envelope for your 2021 mini calendar.
Simply slide your calendar inside the envelope sleeve to make a perfect gift for friends, family, neighbours, teachers and work colleagues.
Making your 2021 Mini Calendar
1. Download the printable PDF, which is available in the newsletter subscribers free Member’s Library.
Not yet a member? That’s okay…. you can subscribe to my newsletter here and get instant access to the free printables.
2. Print pages 1 and 2 on cardstock. I used 250 gram matte photo paper. Print pages 3 and 4 (calendar) on normal print paper.
I’ve outlined the calendar months in grey, so you can cut the squares out just inside the grey line. Compile your calendar months in order and hold together firmly; I used a couple of clips to hold the calendar.
3. Using your sewing machine, stitch the pages together across the top of the calendar. Secure cotton ends at back of calendar.
4. Attach your calendar to the backing board using either a hot glue gun or clear glue. The stitching across the top of the calendar will allow you to tear off each month as required. Glue a magnet in place on the back of your calendar (optional).
5. To make the envelope, cut out the envelope shape (including the tabs) and score down the centre line shown in grey. You will also need to score the edges between the envelope and the tabs. Fold the two tabs in and run your paper boner over the top to create a crisp fold. Do the same with the two halves of the envelope.
6. Apply a thin line of glue along the tabs and the fold the envelope in the middle to secure.
Optional – I then used my 1” circle punch to remove a half circle at the top edge of the envelope to make it easy to remove the calendar from the envelope. I also used a corner punch to round the corners on my backing board, but this step is optional also.
The calendars measure 9 cm wide x 12 cm high (3 1/2” x 4 3/4”).
This is a quick and easy printable project that you can make in about 30 minutes.
While there are two colour options offered for the backing card on page one, there is only one envelope and one set of calendar months contained in the printable PDF. If you wish to make both the pink and aqua calendars, you will need to print extra copies of the envelope and calendar.
I hope you enjoy making and gifting these 2021 mini calendars!
Please PIN this image ♥
Happy crafting my friends!
Let’s be friends on….
Get instant access to the free printables in my Newsletter Printables
Library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out a weekly newsletters with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.
I invite you to join our fabulous and friendly
Facebook group – Simply Shabbilicious
where you’ll enjoy our friendly banter and inspirational creativity.