I was looking for a little something different to adorn some holiday gift boxes. . .
It needed to fit with my vintage paper theme. . .
So I made some super easy white Poinsettias.
They took no time at all to make and so the collection grew. . . and grew. . .
And I started adding them to other decor like candles and gift cards,
Gift boxes and white vignettes.
Easy Felt Poinsettias
- off-white wool felt,
- All Purpose Glue or a hot glue gun,
- pegs and buttons for the flower centres.
1. Enlarge the template to the size you require.
2. Cut 1 x large flower and 5 x petals from wool felt.
3. Apply a small dot of glue to the base of each petal and fold the petal end over and hold together with a peg.
4. When all 5 petals are dry, apply a large dot of glue to the centre of the flower cut-out and position all 5 petals in place (as shown in photo below).
5. Glue or sew a button to the centre of the flower, where the petals meet.
For a fancy flower I used rhinestone and pearl buttons. . . and cream buttons for a less formal look.
For a project that takes just a few minutes to make, I think these felt Poinsettias
add a lot of pizzazz to a gift box or your Christmas decorating.
Happy Christmas crafting my friends,
I’d love for you to connect with me at:
Get instant access to the free printables in our Member’s Only
library by joining my email newsletter subscriber’s list.
I send out two newsletters a month with updates on all things
‘shabbilicious’ at Shabby Art Boutique.