My swap gift for Shann’s Parasol & Paper Swap is making its way across the big blue pond to my swap partner Kelli at Vintage Vavoom in the USA. If she hasn’t already received it then it will be any day now. Here is a little teaser collage of some of the goodies in her parcel……
It is the most gorgeous little Christmas teddy embroidery kit.
Kris knew I was struggling to get into the Christmas spirit this early in the year, so thought she would send me something to get the creative juices flowing. Thank you Kris – I really appreciate it and look forward to making a start on it. I think this might be a good project to do while sitting in the car in the afternoons waiting for the kids to come out of school.
Kris also tagged me last week so here is my tag responses:
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Well in 1998 I was a stay at home mum with a 4 year old and a sickly 1 year old baby. I didn’t get out much that year but still managed to run my business part time – I think this is what kept me sane during those difficult times. Hubby and I had a site at the Yarra Glen Craft Market every second month so this was my creative outlet. It was a real family affair with 3 SIL’s helping out at the market too. We had lots of fun on those days and did the market for 5 years.
2. Five things on my ‘To Do’ list:
Gosh just five…….really, there are soooo many things on my list. I do love a list and keep lists for everything – ok now I sound very anal!!
1. Desperately need to complete new Christmas range and commissioned magazine projects…. this one is a priority.
2. My collection of ‘Shabby Art for Sale’ has moved from the studio and now taken over my dining room. Usually I don’t allow my work to invade the house but this lot has got out of control. Another priority for my ‘To Do’ list – photograph and price goods so they can go on the website.
3. Clean up and re-organise my studio….need I say more.
4. Finish all my UFO projects.
5. Make time for myself just to chill out, slow down and enjoy life.
3. What snacks do I enjoy?
Oh how easy is this one? Chocolate of course. Okay…. I do like other snacks too but chocolate is my favourite. Definitely more a sweet person than savoury.
4. What would I do if I was a millionaire?
Well I would be debt free wouldn’t I? So I guess I could indulge in one of my dreams.
I would like to own a small and quaint Tearooms and Gallery, by the seaside. Tea would be served in vintage china cups by waitresses wearing beautifully embroidered vintage aprons and the cake selection would be to die for. Visitors would enjoy their tea while admiring the art work hung around the walls. Okay, this sounds so perfect that now I don’t actually want to work there…. I’ll just own it and be one of the visitors sipping tea from fine china cups and watching the world go by from my table at the window.
5. Places I have lived:
Manus Island, New Guinea. Various parts of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Now I need to tag a couple of people…. I see you all running but I was particularly quick today and have managed to tag:
You will have to run faster next time ladies!!